Customer Privacy at Holmen Fjordhotell
1 Introduction Holmen Fjordhotell takes the privacy of guests and online visitors seriously. We want you to know what information we collect through our website and what we use it to. This document will help us to comply with the Personal Data Act from 2018. The document will also help to demonstrate that our processing of personal data is at all times consistent with the law, including the GDPR.
2. Responsible contacts Hegnar Hotell AS, Holmen Fjordhotell, address: 947 761 145, Slemmestadveien 64, 1394 Nesbru, phone: 66 77 27 00, e-mail: email@example.com is responsible for all processing of personal data in our systems at Holmen Fjordhotell.
3. How information related to reservations and stays is processed. When a booking is made by you or on behalf of you, we process the information we need to fulfill the agreement on booking and purchasing services. These are information you have provided us directly or when you have used other channels for booking. For example, we process information about your identity, your contact information, and your payment information. In addition, we treat other information that is relevant to your stay as well. This may be information about allergies or special requests for your stay. In connection with your stay, purchases and orders you make with us are recorded. This may include booking of spa and fitness hours, restaurant bookings and other services the hotel delivers. We do this so you know what you are paying for when you leave. We process this information as long as it is necessary to fulfill the booking agreement with you, and as long as applicable laws or regulations require us to do so. We save the data of our key cards usage. We do this to counteract and solve crime and for security, including fire safety.
4. Processing of personal information at login and user profile If you wish, you can create a user account when you book. Here you can choose to register your name, address and other information so that bookings can be made at a later date. This information is collected from you when you book or check out. The information you provide will be stored together with your booking data and purchase history. We will use this information to customize your stay with us according to your needs. The basis for our use of the information is to fulfill the agreements with you.
5. Processing of personal information upon payment Holmen Fjordhotell uses Sixcards as its payment service provider. When you make a booking, your information will be transferred to Sixcards. You will find Sixcards's Privacy Statement for processing data here: www.six-payment-services.com/psd2
6. Processing of Personal Information for Marketing We can process your information to send you direct marketing by email if you have agreed to this. Such marketing may include offers, news or information regarding our services and / or products. You can at any time stop receiving such marketing by clicking the link in the individual marketing request, such as at the bottom of a newsletter. We do not currently ship out email marketing requests and have no supplier of such service associated with us.
7. Processing of personal data for development Holmen Fjordhotell collects your information for the legitimate purpose of improving our products and services. This is preferably done by analyzing the use of the website using Google Analytics. We also process personal information to troubleshoot and correct errors.
We anonymize data to prepare statistics as far as we can, but will also need to process personal data for development, troubleshooting, statistical and security purposes.
8. Processing of personal data for business, corporate customers and suppliers We handle contact information with our corporate customers, suppliers, partners, participants and people we have in contact with in business. This is done to implement contractual relationships, drive and develop the business and maintain our network. Such information is typically made up of names, contact information, position, business, expertise, business interests and participation in our conference events or previously expressed interest to us and our employees. We store such information as long as we consider the person to be a business contact. This is a legitimate interest.
9. Other processing of personal data We will from time to time conduct competitions or other activities that you may attend. In such cases, we will process personal information such as name and contact information when required to register participants to make draws. We will, as far as possible, inform specifically about this and request consent for your participation in competitions or other activities. If you contact our customer service or otherwise have requests, we will process personal information you provide as far as necessary to answer and log your inquiry. The basis for this is to fulfill agreements with you or answer your inquiries. It is therefore justified. In addition to processing described in our privacy statement and with your consent, we may or may not process personal data when law, including the Personal Information Act and GDPR, valid government orders or court orders us or allow us to do so.
10. Statutory processing and disclosure of personal data We will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless you have consented to this, or unless applicable law, including the Personal Data Act and GDPR, valid government orders or courts allow us or impose on us.
11. Retrieval of personal data from third parties In order to make sure we have correct information about you, we can wash your information against third party sources such as phone directory and population registration. In some cases, we will check credit on our customers. This involves obtaining credit data from other sources. We collect information from partners when this is legal and necessary for the delivery of services and communications with you.
13. Privacy Ombudsman We do not conduct regular and systematic monitoring on a large scale by registered persons. For most categories of registered users, we usually process common personal information such as name, address, employer, email address, phone number and the like. We have concluded that our business is not subject to the requirement to have a privacy representative.
14. Data Processor Holmen Fjordhotell uses data-processing services to provide services for you. For our online booking system, we use software provided by Netpower Web Solutions. Our web solution is provided by Squarespace. See their Privacy Statement here Online booking is transferred to the booking system provided by http://www.protel.net/hotelsoftware/.
For payment of online booking, we use the service of Sixcards. See the Privacy Statement for www.six-payment-services.com/psd2 here.
16. Changes and revisions This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time. Therefore, you should ensure that you regularly post in the latest version of the Privacy Statement. We will publish any changes to the Privacy Statement here. If we change the Privacy Statement in a way that affects how we use your personal information, we will let you know what opportunities you have as a result of the changes. We will also keep previous versions of the Privacy Statement in an archive so that you can familiarize yourself with these.